Could mobile marketing transform your business? Think of it this way, how much time does the average person spend on smartphone?

Did you know that around about 90% of the time not actually making or taking calls, people are using apps? The remaining 10% of the time, they use to surf the web. So, good for you if you have a mobile-friendly website. Luckily, most all modern website builders come with the mobile-responsive design.

The bad news is that it might not be quite enough.

Do I Need An App?

Not necessarily. It is a good way to boost business, but it really does depend on what kind of business you are in. If you are a medium to large company, and clients need to interact with you on a regular basis, an app could make good business sense.

Say, for example, you are a medical insurance company. Having an app that allows clients to check available benefits, log queries, or make claims more easily makes sense.

If, on the other hand, there is no real need for the app, who would want to download it in the first place?

The aim overall should be to make your client’s life easier. This could also be accomplished by the use of simple devices like QR codes that allow them to make purchases quickly and easily.

Chatbots

If an app does not really fit the bill, there are other ways of marketing to your clients through mobile. These include SMS marketing and the use of chatbots, for example.

Chatbots could be quite interesting because they can piggyback off existing services like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.

With chatbots, the client could initiate the conversation easily and get answers. The bot could be designed to help with customer service queries, but could also end up being a lot more useful than that for the company.

For example, let’s say that the client asks the bot whether the company sells sandals in a particular color. The bot could give a simple “Yes” or “No” answer, or it could take things a little further.

Perhaps it could check for the client if the nearest store has them in stock. Or come back with a price and possibly some promotional offer – like the sandals and matching belt at 20% off when bought together.

Or, if the store does not have stock, perhaps the bot could come up with a similar alternative.

It’s a great mobile marketing technique because it can keep the conversation going. The client is able to interact with the bot 24 hours a day.

There are several types of bots that could be useful:

  • It can be of a simple design, made just to answer queries.

  • It could have a sales function built into to increase sales and offer clients suggestions about what to purchase.

  • It could have a built-in sales function, allowing clients to buy directly from the bot.

  • You could also use it to gather more information from your clients, and alert them to potential products that might interest them down the line.

How to Approach Mobile Marketing?

There are many ways to approach mobile marketing, and we have gone through just a few here. What other ways can you come up with? Why not check out our infographic and see how you can boost your mobile campaign.

104 Mobile Marketing Facts

NO COMMENTS