Email is one of the most effective marketing tool. It is a direct channel to connect with your audience. MailChimp offers high quality email service. It is very easy to use. It is charming, quick, free and perfect for freelancers to looking for to stay in touch with their clients.
Why Use MailChimp?
- MailChimp is free for up to 2000 subscribers on your email list and 12,000 monthly emails
- The service is trusted by more than seven million users
- It integrates extremely well with WordPress
- MailChimp is very easy to use and lets you create HTML email templates without any coding
- It provides a superior user experience
Getting Started with using MailChimp for Email Marketing
To connect MailChimp to your WordPress site, the first thing you will need is a MailChimp account.
Step 1: Create Account
Go through the MailChimp Website , and click sign-up. Enter your email address and choose user name and password. You will get an email verification email. Verify your account. Now login with your credentials.
Step 2 : Know the Dashboard
At top left, there are few options:
- Campaign: Design and send emails
- Template: Create and edit reusable email template
- List: Create list, add subscribers and create sign-up forms
- Report: Track the outcome of your campaign.
- Automation: Automatically on the basis of timings, events and subscriber behavior.
Step 3: Create Your Email List
On MailChimp dashboard, click on ‘Create a List’. It will be asked several details:
List Name is the title of your collecting emails. If you have only one list, then name does not matter, you can choose ‘Client Newsletter’. But if you have divided emails in more than one list, then be careful before choosing a name.
Default from Email Address is where emails will be sent if someone wants to reply.
Default from Name will be shown in inbox of your clients who will receive your email.
Remind People How They Signed up to your List will be visible in the footer of every email you sent. For example, “You are receiving this email because you signed up at our website.”
Notification section will update you, how your audience react to your email. It is optional.
Proofread all your information and when you are done click save.
Step 4: Add Subscribers to your List
Now it is time to add subscribers to your list
- Click on the list name. A list dashboard will be visible.
- Click on add contacts>import contacts
- There will we a window with lots of options. You can choose as per your comfort.
Always try to boost your subscriber list for email marketing.
Step 5: Create a Campaign
- Click on create a campaign. There will be a pop up. Give a name to your campaign and choose regular.
- On next page you will be asked to choose a list to send your campaign. Click next.
- Campaign Name will identify your campaign. It can be like Feb Tutorial 2017.This name is not visible to your recipients.
- Email Subject will be show up to subscribers. Write a subject that will entice them to open the email.
- Leave other options. Click Next.
Step 6: Choose Your Template
Now you have a list of templates. Choose the option that best suites to your email. In themes section you can choose as per your business like e-commerce, holiday, events, photography and more.
Step 7: Design Your Email
Now its time to design your email. There are lots of option on right side. You can drag and drop any of them and create a wonderful email.
Step 8: Send
When you have completed, click next. You can either send your email immediately or schedule it. If you want to see how your campaign is going on, go to the report section of dashboard.